I hate that my default appointment length in Outlook is not customizable.
15 minutes for a meeting is too short - 30 minutes too long. I want 20 minutes as default.
Here is how you can implement this:
1. Open Outlook
2. Open the VBA editor: Tools --> Macro --> Visual Basic Editor (Alt + F11)
3. Navigate to ThisOutlookSession
- Microsoft Outlook Objects
4. Double-click on ThisOutlookSession
5. In the code window that appears, paste the code sample below.
6. Click the Save button on the toolbar
7. Close the VBA Editor.
8. If your Macro Security is set to High, you will need to lower it. In Outlook, choose Tools --> Macro --> Security… and pick a lower setting.
9. Restart Outlook and try creating a new Appointment or Meeting.
Dim WithEvents oInspectors As Outlook.Inspectors
Private Sub Application_Startup()
Set oInspectors = Application.Inspectors
Private Sub Application_Quit()
Set oInspectors = Nothing
Private Sub oInspectors_NewInspector(ByVal Inspector As Inspector)
If TypeName(Inspector.CurrentItem) = "AppointmentItem" Then
Dim AI As Outlook.AppointmentItem
Set AI = Inspector.CurrentItem
If AI.CreationTime = #1/1/4501# Then
AI.Duration = 20
Set AI = Nothing
You can change AI.Duration = 20 to anything that works for you (I just like short meetings)